Saturday, June 23, 2012

Anime Expo 2012: Top Ten Things I'm Looking Forward To~

Sense 1998 I have been going to Anime Expo and with 2012's con less then a week away, I thought now would be a great time for another Top List. Without having to wait for a saucy looking cosplayer or some dealer's room bargains - Here is my Top Ten: Things I'm Looking Forward To At Anime Expo 2012!

 10. Cosplayers
When you think Anime Convention you think Cosplay. Cosplay, or Costume Play for those who aren't in the know, is when someone dresses as either an anime or game character. Through-out the years though Cosplayers have become more daring, more original, and more detailed on their costume more then ever. I've always believed you should cosplay as something you'd like and not just be some attractive person in a costume your friend asked you to wear. I love seeing great costumes but even more so, I love seeing people's passion about the characters they are portraying.

9. Meeting New Friends
It's great to meet new people. Anime Expo has always been a great place to meet new people who are interested in basically the same hobby you have. I've met some fantastic people thanks to past anime cons and I can't wait to meet more in the upcoming 2012 convention. If you are interested in hanging out, you may find my group and I hanging around the Korean BBQ place in the Bonaventure. ^^x


8. Our Hotel
Speaking of the Bonaventure; I love the hotel we stay at. It's a great place to stay at during the con not only because of it's decent price, but also the amenities. There are various vendors there selling everything from Italian, Korean BBQ, Subway, and more. There is also a fantastic lounge tucked away from most eyes and a gym I never intend to go to. The best thing of course is the pool. I love this pool. Every year going to the pool after walking down to the convention center, waiting 4 hours for prereg, walking back to the hotel. It's the perfect way to end day 0.

7. Dealer's Room
For the first few conventions, the main reason I went was this room. Even though it's had some change that I'm not completly pleased about (such as taxes not being included in the price & the booting out of certain vendors) I still love this room. It's a guarantee that I go into it at least once a day. Even if it's to catch a great deal, find that rare box set, or see something I never knew existed -  I love this smelly packed room. Just please people, if your cosplay is big, stay the hell out of the room. Remember, I may walk through your photo op if you're in my way of a rare PSO figure.
6. Old Friends
I mentioned earlier that I loved to meet new people. Even more then that I love to see people I've met at previous conventions. It's great to see how everyone has grown and how well they are doing now. I can't wait. ^^
5. New Anime
 Every year I try to leave with at least knowledge of one or more anime that I am interested in. Last year it was Ghost Stories and Durarara. This year who knows! Either way, I cannot wait to wet my whistle with some new anime series or movie. Just thinking about it makes my heart race and my wallet heavy!
4. Ryo Horikawa
 I've spoken about him before - he is Ryo Horikawa. Long time actor in both live action and anime, he has always been a voice actor I would love to meet. (The other two being Koyasu Takehito & Masako Nozawa, just in case you're quizzed later.) I mean seriously have you listened to this man talk? He can threaten me with his pride any time of the day. This will actually be the first time I attempt to go to a voice actor's panel - here's hoping I leave at least with a handshake!
3. Time with some of my closest friends and family.
 I never go to conventions alone. This year my lovely fiancee, my best friend, and another good friend or two will be joining me. We always have a lot of fun adventures together and I am really psyched that we're all going together again this year. Even though I'm leaving behind my daughter and another good friend, I'm not going to feel too bad about it. ^_^ I'll be missing them in no time I'm sure.
2. Yuki Kajiura & FictionJunction
This is only my second large concert at AnimeExpo, but it's the first one I've been to where I know a majority of the band's music. I can't believe I'll be seeing these lovely ladies in action. If I could play the piano as good as Yuki Kajiura's left pinkie, I would be a great at the piano. I want to talk more about them but I'm shivering with excitement with just the simple thought!
 
1. 5 Days Of Carefree Con Time
This is the only time of the year that my worries go from Food Cost at work and the stress of bills, to the worries of making it to an event on time or stressing about if I should eat Pizza or Pizza. It's like living in another world, and I love every minute of it. 

Thanks for reading! See you at AX2012. If you're not going, see you around the net!

No comments:

Post a Comment