Friday, December 30, 2016

5 Songs That Help Me Get Through Exams

     During the semester I find myself so busy that I find myself without time to enjoy any type of fanboy pleasures. Fortunately, I have found a way in which I can enjoy a little nerd-time while working on quizzes or tests online. So, I have compiled a short list giving a little credit to each of the 5 songs that tend to help me the most through those grade-dependent tests. The following is in no specific order, and I am only choosing one song per series. Sorry Final Fantasy, you would have probably taken the whole list and more.


"I Am The Doctor" is the theme of the 11th Doctor portrayed by Matt Smith. While Matt is not one of my favorite incarnations of the Doctor, but he is still fun to watch especially during his last season. This song captures the excitement of his character, which in turns helps excite me. Especially when I run into those questions that at first seem difficult, then are solved with an exclaiming "Ah-Ha!"







Possibly the best thing to come out of Star Wars: Episode I, "Duel of The Fates" is a song that has become a standard in not only my exam rituals, but also great for cleaning. The danger and excitement this song helped the battle between Obi Wan and Qui Gon Jinn fighting Darth Maul even more epic. This song alone can help me really power through some tough tests. Blasting through multiple choice questions with the intelligence of a Jedi, or spinning the broom around while sweeping the kitchen floor like a Sith: This song works with both!





Dragon Ball Budokai was the first Dragon Ball Z game released in the PS2/GameCube era of home consoles. While the game had it's faults such as having to do a combo into using Ki-Blasts or lack of diversity when it came to individual character fighting styles, it also had some greatness to it. This includes 3D versions of classic cut-scenes, full voice-acting, a final battle which was so difficult it made you feel like it was your last-chance, and a great soundtrack. "A Hero's Desperation" plays during two significant cut-scenes in which the hero attains a substantial power-up which helps them defeat their opponent. This song is great for when those test questions become a tougher, requiring me to call upon a "power-up" in which to help me finish the test with an acceptable score.





While there are plenty of songs from musicals that can knock me down, bring me up, and repeat - very few can give me that boost of energy that "Non-Stop" from the Hamilton: An American Musical gives me. While Hamilton is pretty new ot the more recent semesters, it has a great place in helping me survive those 100+ question tests which never seem to end. This songs helps me feel like writing like I am running out of time, which I usually am when it comes down to those final few essay questions at the end of a long test.





As mentioned earlier, I could of filled a list three times as large with only songs from Final Fantasy. Everything from battle music 7, 4, and 11 to pretty much all of the Primal themes from FFXIV. The reason I chose the above song "Alexander: Locus - Brute Justice" is because it takes both of Alexander's themes and mixes them in with a little Super Sentai making an exciting song that gets the blood flowing. I even found myself once doing a Power Ranger-like post when the song came on in the middle of one of my final exams.


     There it is, 5 songs that help me blast through testing. Each one of them helps fuel my energy, excite my mind, and most importantly - Let's me geek out. Thank you for reading, I hope to make a few more posts again before Spring 2017 Semester begins on 1/23/17. I wonder what great songs will help me through my upcoming tests!


1 comment: