Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Future Model Kit Builds

   As I plan on finishing RX-78-2 RG (Seen below) this weekend, I've began to think of what kit I'll do next. Usually, I am in no hurry to start a kit, so usually there is a 2-4 week wait time between kits, but I'm really looking forward to the next one. 0 Gundam from the more recent 00 anime. Modeled to be an updated RX 78-2, this guy first appears at the beginning of the series, seen only in shadow surrounded by light in the sky.
Now, I've completed the coloured version of 0 Gundam before, and sense I've done that you'd think I wouldn't be looking forward to doing him again in his b&w paint job. Well, that's where my excitement comes. This will be my FIRST custom paint job on a model kit. I've done things like change a colour of a weapon (The damn blasted box shows it as white and it comes in black..)
   So, as a sneak peek...
Coloured kit on the left; Crudely bit-mapped at work during lunch hour custom colour on the right.
   Never originally being a Gundam anime fan, I've decided to make a kit based on one of my favorite anime of all time. Evangelion Unit 01 Custom 0 Gundam. I'll come up with a shorter name sooner or later.

...  EVA 0 Shogoki Gundam?..  Hmm, Any opinions on names?

    Will continue to post as progress begins, all the way to the final paint and sticker detail

No comments:

Post a Comment