Monday, December 19, 2011

Movie Review: "Rammbock: Berlin Undead"

   It's not every day I rent a movie, nor do I rent a movie I've never heard of. I was not around at the time to choose this movie to rent, but I'm glad it did. It reminded me of something a little.. nostalgic. A little, shall I say, in remembrance of old zombie horror movies.

The stars of the show.
   The movie opens with a young man named Michael visits Berlin to settle things with his ex girlfriend who recently dumped him. Michael reminds me alot of Ross from Friends, as he seems to have a hard time expressing his thoughts. Michael goes to his ex's house unable to locate her, but there he meets a repairman and his assistant Harper. The repairman suddenly gets frustrated over hurting himself during a job, then sudden goes ape-shit and tries to eat Michael. Now it's up to Michael and Harper to survive this rage-induced zombie outbreak and for Michael to find his beloved former girlfriend.
   The storyline wasn't the most well written I've seen, but it was enjoyable for the most part. A few twists and a little excitement atleast kept me occupied for the 59 minutes the movie lasted. The characters where a little shallow and the only two I found interesting was Harper (1. He was kinda badass 2. His dub voice was Johnny Yong Bosch) and his female friend. The ending was hit and miss, as undead lovers are reunited. 

They wont share blankets, so one poor fool wears the pedobear costume.
   Music wasn't anything fantastic and the direction was a little off, but all in all it wasn't a bad movie. Let me talk for a moment about the actual zombies: This infection seems to be a normal run-of-the-mill outbreak, but the trigger seems to be rage or high tension. The zombies do more drooling then biting, and they run like enraged Black-Friday shoppers. Once they appear on the screen the either eat someone or rage for a bit and then leave. Let me also point out that NO ZOMBIE WAS HURT IN THIS FILM. Not one attacked, shot, or blown up. I'll let you watch the movie to see the amazing (see: stupid) weakness these zombies could of easily avoided with some nice sunglasses or by blinking during photo ops.

"I've got half of the toaster!"
I'll give it a generous 5/10. It may appeal to others while most will probably want to avoid. For me, it was worth the $1.00 in credit I have at the local movie place.

No comments:

Post a Comment