Thursday, February 16, 2012

Model Kit Review: Code Geass Guren Type-02 1/35 model kit 02

Hi Five! Oh wait, FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU~~~*burns*

Code Geass Guren Type-02 1/35 was one of my first few model kits and also my second non-Gundam kit. That means this review is about a year+ overdue. This will also be the first time I use my model kit review format! How exciting!

Out of the Box: This kit comes with the basics: Colored sprigs, small sticker sheet, and a book to walk you though the building process. Most of the pieces come out easily. The only issue I had was the second Kallen figure (Standing Kallen) snapped incorrectly while I was trying to remove her and now Standing Kallen can be repainted as leg-less zombie Kallen. The second figure,"Cockpit Kallen" fits right inside of the built model kit. Both Kallens are one base color and are in need of painting. 

Coloring & Detailing: With this being one of my early kits I wasn't detailing as much as I would probably do today. The main details went into a few choice parts of the suit but nothing amazing. I think that today I would of done a much better job with the details. Kallen herself was my first paint job on an anime character, and it was quite fun. There was a little difficulty with painting her hair without the hair color leaking onto her face annoying. The only other thing I colored was her knife to match what the knife looked like in the anime series.
There are some great colors in the Gundam Marker Zeon Set for Kallen's hair (Char Pink) and uniform. (Char Red & Zion Grey.)

Stability & Movement: Even though the figure is a little top heavy it balances rather easily. Her hark cannon comes with an attachment to show it launching and her arm extends another 1" to grapple onto any orange enemies you'd like her to defeat. I did find that if you leaned the suits arm back it has a tendency to fall, but who in there right minds wants this suit doing a back flip as a pose? The cockpit of the suit can also be set to an open position to show off the pilot in action!

Overall: This was a fun kit to build. Just different enough to feel that I wasn't doing yet another Gundam kit but familiar enough to be able to complete this kit with little problem. I recommend it to anyone who likes model kits or even just Code Geass fans and first time modlers.

1 comment: