Monday, April 30, 2012

FFXI: Great Katana Relic Upgrade Stage II >> Stage III

Took long enough, didn't I? Stage II is completed thanks to Wagnus, my old Dynamis shell leader, trading me some Jadeshells for a few 100 Byns. Will I regret that trade? Probably once I am 46/50 for the next upgrade.

This little bastard is happily making me broke.
Now, I take a step back and look at what I've done so far. I have spent roughly 19million gil (In currency and items for upgrades.) on this weapon so far. The most I have ever paid for anything in FFXI. The worse part is that the most expensive part is to come. Then next two upgrades will require roughly 10,500,000gil to complete. I sometimes stop and ask myself questions like "IS this worth it?" or "Damn, I could of bought a Novio with some of that." I have to remind myself that this weapon to make my SAM a truly powerful job.
You know, you'd like these would be everywhere when you go to the past.
Luckily, I do have a few things going for me. I've recently upgraded a few pieces of my SAM gear and also completed the trails for the Magian +100 TP Bonus weapon. This will allow me to do a little more damage during my farming runs in hopes to take out the monsters quicker. I'll run another solo SAM/DNC Dynamis real soon and let you guys know the outcome. Another thing going for me is that I already have my Attestation of Decisiveness, a drop I obtained during the very last Dynamis - Beaucedine run with Perfect Ataraxia. With this, I continue to push forward to complete the strongest Samurai Great Katana, the Amanomurakumo.
I may of avoided this fight, but there will be a 6 round rematch for the Magian upgrade trails.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment