Saturday, May 19, 2012

FFXI: Dynamis - Qufim SAM/DNC Solo Round 2

After an evening of failed Voidwatch runs (Funny how I do these after a failure) I decided it was time for another Solo Dynamis run. Before I get into the run I need to point out a few equipment changes I have made sense the first run.
WS Equipment Set:
Mekira-oto
TP Equipment Set:
Unkai Haidate +2
Ace's Leggings
 And of course, I finally finished my Amano-place holder:
Kantonotachi; A perfect G. Katana for anyone who does not have a relic/empy. Gives Shoha a 33% damage increase. Looks pretty epic too.
Ran out from Behemoth's Dominion to Qufim, stopped to get a RR from the book and ran to the entrance. Checked the zone population and saw only 8 other PCs, only two being Solo Beastmasters. Once I entered the zone I was able to take out the 20min TE who happened to be hanging out at the edge of where the Quadavs and Sea Monks meet. From there I ran to the 10min Quadav TE. He was hanging out on the edge near where the Raptors I farm are. Easy pull, but my Shoha left him alive long enough to gain the attention of one of Quadav BLM. Violent Flourish was stunning Tier 3-aga spells until he let off Manafont. The trick here is to stun him in between spells so Manafont wears before he can nuke you to death.

Headed east to the Yagudo TE and killed with no issues. Goblin TE on other hand ended up pulling 4 Goblins. (RNG, RDM, THF, and WAR) I aimed to take out the RDM at first but the WAR was pulling some decent damage off me. Killed off the Statue, the WAR and RDM, but RNG decided I needed to be reminded how funny it looks when I get Eagle Eye Shotted.

After reraising (and realizing I had no other form of RR) I rested to full. Of course, this took about 10 minutes off my farming time. While I was waiting to unweaken, I was able to Meditate twice (240tp) to help take out the final TP. I died last time to the Quadav SMN, so I do not have an advantage over my last run.

Protip: Go into each TE fight with enough TP for a Shoha. Statues move slow so links are often the downfall to the solo player.

Used the normal rotation of Raptors (Who where never overcamped) to Trio Bats (That where way over-camped) and finally Giant Bats (Who where not being camped at all.) No issues today other then at one point having to hold 4 bats at once. Proccing weakness helps with terrorizing them and my 2h really saved my bacon.

Protip: Always bring RR item and food. Don't be cheap!

During the last 10 minutes of the run I decided to try a DC Sea Monk. (Bat Trios where over-camped again) Of course I pulled two and died, but I was able to get the first one to about 10% before being tentacle-raped via Maelstrom. Worked out pretty well though considering I didn't have a Instant Warp Scroll on me.

Can't wait to find a better body to TP in.

Loot: 17 Bynes; 29 Bronzes, 19 Whiteshells. 67 Total! (Left with about 75 total coins a night later when I trio'd the same zone.) 2 Forgotton Journys; SMN-1, THF-1, and another BLM-1. Great run, and I beat my coin count from my previous attempt. I still need 60 100 Bynes for my next upgrade. That would be able 90 solo runs if I trade Bronzes and Whiteshells for Bynes. Ouch. Looks like I need to start doing Dynamis every day if I want the Amano before the servers are shut down in 2090. >.>


To all the SAM/DNC or other jobs who don't have BST leveled or PUP unlocked, Thanks for your effort in trying to Solo these zones as well. Sense I have started doing it myself I have noticed other players such as DRG/DNCs and BLU/NIN coming out to solo Dynamis. In a few once I gain some new equipment I will try for round 3. Round 3 will be my final SAM/DNC Solo Qufim run. I will eventually attempt other zones such as Valkrum and San d'Oria. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment