Monday, April 18, 2011

Nintendo 3DS: Top 10 Games I'd like to see remade/released.

   With the release of the 3DS, there has also been announcements for ports of popular games, such as Street Fighter IV & remakes of some classics such as Star Fox 64 & Zelda: OoT. With this announcement, comes wide-spread rumors of what will be released next. Here is my list of the top 10 games I'd love to see remade/ported for the Nintendo 3DS.


10. Feel the Magic XY/XX
Yes, I bought this game for the *wrong* reasons.
One of the original DS games featured mini-games that abused the touch screen and microphone. Something along these lines surprisingly hasn't been released for the 3DS. I'm the first one in line to give a girl CPR threw my 3DS, despite the odd looks I'd get from family.


9. Dragon Force
Still unsure what "Ultra Series" meant, considering all the working design Saturn games I own say this.

A strategy/tactics RPG at it's finest, this Sega Saturn original was released in the US in 1996. Player assumes the role of one of eight rulers, each with their own anime cliche', move out to take battle fellow rulers and eventually fight a great darkness. Battle ensues once a squad of your own or your enemies' meet with another opposing squad or castles. The idea is to raise the country under your own banner and eventually work together with your rivals to destroy a greater evil.
Seeing this game on the 3DS would not only look great, but it's a perfect title for a portable system with a quick-save feature or a sleep mode. The 3D could show off the battle system like never before, and the Street Pass feature could easily send information about the player characters for mini-battles.

8. Sin & Punishment
Awesome Game play, Questionable Character Design.
The Japanese only (until it was released on VC fort he Wii) action shooter for the Nintendo 64 was a real time, sort-of on-rail shooting game that played very much like Star Fox. Never played the original, but I did rent the Wii sequel and played it with my girlfriend and we had alot of fun. 3DS to 3DS Co-Op would be awesome, and the 3D effect would make this game shine.

7. Resident Evil (Gamecube Remake)
Yes, I had to use this cover art.
Who wouldn't love to see the Gamecube remake of Resident Evil come back for it's 9th (I think) time on the 3DS. Imagine that dog jumping out of your 3DS's window or seeing the zombie for the first time? I shiver at just the thought of it. I'm also sure Capcom could toss in some AR cards to make your home a little more frightening.

6. Burnout Series
This game taught me not to fuck with Tabi when she's driving.
Burnout is due for another game, considering I count Paradise as a game at all. On the 3DS, the crashes would almost make you duck and hide. I'd just like another Burnout in general, but having one on the 3DS would not only be awesome; it would probably get me traffic tickets when driving in real life.. >.>


5. Pokemon

Because Blue was for pussies.

I recently decided not to pick up White/Black, with the feeling that maybe Nintendo would release a game soon on the 3DS. I don't want the usual Pokemon in 3D though, I would love a new game; It has to be more like the MMO-Pokemon game I've dreamed of for years. Battle people in real time as well as NPCs, Collecting Pokemon and raising them, but having Legendary Pokemon uncatchable Notorious Monsters (because that would break the game!), and even Real-Time Pokemon Battles, including links and aggro.
. Team up with friends to take down large Team Rocket (or whoever the hell wants to steal my Pikachu) and take out Gym Leaders, and battle a *TRUE* Elite Four. The top four Players in the world. . Less about catching them all, more about battling and raising Pokemon. Even use of AR cards to have real-time Pokemon battles outside or in your home.
 Let me correct myself, new game - same starter Pokemon from Red/Blue/Green/Yellow series. ^^

4. Phantasy Star Online/Portable

This game took 4 years of my life away. Well spent.
Online or Offline multiplayer, PSO was great. I spent most of my late teens playing this game with some of my closest friends.
One of the first console games to really push online-play was a great jump, and would also be a great game for the 3DS. PS0 & PSP where great titles that learned from this, but nothing would beat owning that Dragon in the Forest in full 3D. Even use of AR Cards to find those little red rare-item boxes around the house would be pretty cool.

3. Final Fantasy VII or VI Remake

Back when Square was going into this "All of our box-art has to be white" era.
&

You want a game where the world ends? You got it!
People around the world have been begging for remakes of VI & VIIl; And with the great job SquareEnix did with FFIII & FFIV, VI should be a shoe in at least. Both games where stunning, featured great characters, an epic storyline, and more memorable characters then you could shake a stick at. Watching Terra's group march forth during the opening, or our beloved Flower Girl's demise in full 3D would quite possible be the best thing ever. Well, at least the 3rd best thing ever.


2. InFamous


Many a-nights running around the city shouting "THUNDERBOLT! THUNDERBOLT!"
Stop before you tell me it'll never happen, because I know most likely it won't. This game came to me at a time where I thought that a good action/adventure game was a thing of the past. A game like this on the 3DS would be amazing. If you've ever touched this game, you'll know that a 3D version, even a 3DS version would be epic. Jumping buildings, riding on train rails, tracking down Reapers. All would be great for not only 3D, but a portable.


 
1. Final Fantasy XI

Everything from a young girl who'll drop kick a god to a little glowing rodent saving the world.
I could write a 1000 word *essay* describing the awesomeness of this game. I won't, to spare you all in this already-long post. FFXI would be great to play online, on a portable in general. Having it in 3D.. well, that would make me cry tears of joy. SE has always done an epic job with the storyline and the events, and seeing them remade on the 3DS would give a blind-man the ability to see again. Toss in some AR cards so I can take pictures of me next to my character or other npcs/mobs.
Please gods of video games, please make this happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment