Monday, April 25, 2011

Restoring Athena; A stumble thru reformatting, reinstalling, and putting everything in it's place.

   I've had my computer for about 5 years, making small upgrades here and there. Upgrading the video card, changing the fans out, and a few other things. As time has gone by, my poor Athena (Yes, I name my stuff.) has had programs installed and uninstalled numerous times over. Noticing the poor girl has been laggy for the last year, I decided it was time to start over. I backed up everything I could on a portible drive, and did it..

Reformatted, Re-partiencend, and reinstalled. At first, there where no problems.

   This was a good lesson in remembering that everything but your processor needs driver updates, and as my original driver discs where no where to be found, I needed to search for it. Once the mother board, video card, ethernet, and other drivers where installed I was back on track. Surprisingly WindowsXP updated rather quickly, and AVG & Malware both ran full perfect scans. Now, the next problem;
  
   The onboard soundcard isn't being detected. There is a driver for it, but the card itself is not being detected. So, I went on Amazon and bought a used sound card and now must wait.
All thats left is to get office, photoshop, and the final fantasies reinstalled and I should be back on track with more updates more often, and better photos to boot. Yes, this even means it'll be time to work on the site. Yay. XD

No comments:

Post a Comment