Wednesday, August 8, 2012

1/12 Phantasy Star Online Kotobukiya Model Kits

As far as model kits go Bandai has had 100% of my purchases and even though I'm not a very big Gundam fan, I still really enjoy the model kits. Oh, but Kotobukiya has finally found a way to tap into some of Bandai's business. I posted previously about one of these figures but it's time I cover the whole series. I only currently own one who is unbuilt at the moment, but I would love to have the complete set of these PSO model kits. All models are molded by Masaki Aspy who does a fantastic job recreating the characters in model kit form.


First up is Eleanor, the RAcaseal NPC who you met during one of the early PSO Episode I quests. This RAcaseal also has a very strong bond with Mags and teaches you how to use them in the early hours of the game. This kit comes with her slandered mags, a photon saber, and a spread gun. Currently not part of my collection.

If you want to make her part of your collection, check out Amazon's listing here.


Next up is the RAcaseal NPC Shino. This katana wielding NPC appears later in the game's offline quests and is the only figure to have the human face-eye combo. This actual character model was extremely popular during the Dreamcast run of PSO. Also not currently part of my collection, but I am hoping she will be the next one!

If you want to make her part of your collection, check out Amazon's listing here.

The third entry of the series is the first kit not based on a character, but based on a pc model you can use. Named the "Whitil" version based on the section ID that the figure came with. For those of you that don't know, section IDs where created upon naming your character. These IDs usually where used as a hint of what types of items drop off monsters. The "Whitil" RAcaseal is very beutiful looking but also very threatening looking with her "Death Scythe" and spreadgun. She is the first of the series to come into my possession. It'll be my first Kotobukiya Model Kit so I am a little nervous but also very excited. Definitely keep you posted on her.

If you want to make her part of your collection, check out Amazon's listing here.


Finally and surprisingly a fourth kit has just been released - The "Yellowboze" RAcaseal named after her section ID comes with more then one head, a Sato Mag, and a double-saber. I wouldn't normally want her before the other kits but the fact that she comes with a Sato Mag really makes me want her before Eleanor..

If you want to make her part of your collection, check out Amazon's listing here.

I am looking forward to having these three ladies on my shelf as my first offical non-bandai model kits. Keep following if you want to check out my future reviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment