Thursday, November 8, 2012

Wii U: Top 5 Announced Games I am Looking Forward Too.

With Nintendo's newest console only a week away from world-wide release, I thought I would take a moment and go over the top 5 games I am looking forward to. Let's not screw around and get right to the list.

5.) Nintendo Land
Nintendo Land places itself as number five on this list. It is meant to be the "killer app" game of the Wii U much like how Wii Sports was for the original Wii. The game features 12 mini games that use you and your friend's Miis. A copy of Nintendo Land will also be packed with every Wii Deluxe Edition making the extra $50 on the upgrade worth it.


4.) All 3 Party Games
Finally, Nintendo can get some decent 3rd party games. I hope the Wii U's life carries over to the next generation for this same reason. Mind you, I have a 360 & a PS3. Usually I choose my 3rd party games by what type of games they are. Family, Party, & Multiplayer games were always bought on my Xbox360 previously but sadly I think my Wii U will replace my 360 in my living room. My PS3 will continue to be my single-player console. I can't wait to see websites doing 3 panel comparison shots for all three systems.

3.) Zombie U
Originally I wasn't excited about this title until I found out one disturbing feature. When you die, your dead. It's over. You want your items and gear from your dead body? Better find your zombie-past self and kill 'em. Another great feature is that the game takes place in London. It's not often I get to roam the streets of London and definitely even less often that I go to London to fight zombies.Hopefully the difficulty will be high on this one. I could use a game to put me in my place.


2.) Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Speaking of being put in my place: Monster Hunter is back and on the Wii U. Hopefully the online features will be seamless. I can't wait to spend hours hunting some huge beast just to have it pick me up by the neck and fling me across the zone like an unwanted rag doll.


1.) New Super Mario Brothers U
Another New Super Mario game? I'll take it. This time you can not only have 3 potential enemies (or friends as Nintendo calls them) but a 5th player using the game pad to help Mario & friends along the way. This game will also have a boost rush mode where you need to finish levels as quickly as possible without getting killed & a challenge mode for single or multiplayer. You can even share your best times or scores with your friends online.

There you have it. I probably won't get a Wii U until after Christmas but at least I'll have some great games to look forward too. Hopefully Nintendo keeps pushing them out as well. ^^


1 comment: