Thursday, June 9, 2011

E3 2011

   As much as I don't want to see to much about E3 this year, due to the fact that I cannot afford to go to a certain anime convention that takes place at the same convention center less then a month later. So, I haven't been all over E3 news as much as I usually can. ; ;
   So a quick rundown:

   Nintendo Announced Wii U, a Wii console that lives up to PS3 & 360 standards. As awesome as this sounds, this my be to late in the game. Unless this system can match pricing with the Sony's & Microsoft's systems, there will not be much hope here. If it is better then current consoles? Awesome, way to get your foot in the door early on Nintendo. Nintendo did give us a lot of 1st & 3rd party games, including some very exciting 3DS games. As for games, all the main players come back: Mario, Link, Kirby, and many others will be returning with new games. Plenty of exciting new titles that we should see by years end. Also, for you DSi users, you can now download Zelda Four Swords for free from your DSi stores.

   Sony has apologized for it's outage, announced that the NGP will be renamed Vita & sold as two different units; both concerning themselves with that sort of internet they can use. Sony then apologized again for it's outage, and one more time. Sky 4 was announced, making me want to try the first three games sense they have been released for the Ps3. Also there was more talk about 3D support.

   Microsoft... was big money even at E3? Something about more support for the Kinect. I did see that Halo was being remade for HD, but I think that was announced before E3. 

Actually this comic explains everything.


   In all honestly, I'm not impressed by the big 3. Nintendo should of had the Wii U out last year, Xbox could of been doing a little better in the R&D department, and Sony.. well, they were very sorry. Not sorry enough to give me games I don't already own, but sorry none the less.

No comments:

Post a Comment