Thursday, January 27, 2011

PSP2 (Or Code Name: NGP) Finnally brought to light!

    We've seen blurry pictures of Sony's new portible system, but now it's finally revieled. Named tentatively "Next Generation Portable."

 
No, those are not R2 and L2 buttons at the bottom.
    The biggest difference you could see right away is the dual analong sticks. Very useful for camera control, and for FPS games. There will be a front and rear camera, front touch display, (Sounding alot like a DSi), 3g connectivity, gps, motion sensoring. It will also be backwards compatiple with downloaded PSP games and PSone classics.
    Due out Winter 2011, intime for X-mas. This gives Nintendo's 3DS almost an 8 month head start.
Hopefully we'll get more information in the months to come, including pricing and more.
    A few titles have been announce, such as LittleBigPlanet, Call of Duty, and Uncharted. Accourding to what a little black and blue birdy told me, it'll run like something inbetween a PS2 and a PS3. If that's the case, the price will be the selling point.

    Now when it comes down to the previous generation, I use my DS/DSi alot more then I use my PSP. You could easily tell this by the amount of PSP games (12ish) I own compaired to the DS games (about to break 30.) I own. Mind you, 5 of them have Pokemon in the title. I don't count that considering that 1/2 my PSP collection has something to do with Final Fantasy.

   I will probably post more about the NGP/PSP2 at a later date, but till then, time to start putting money aside for 3DS. It's going to be a definite buy, considering 2 of my all time favorite games (Star Fox 64, Zelda OoT) are being remade for it. Kingdom Hearts 3D will be considered the "Surprise, you accidently got two toys with your kid's meal!" ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment