Sunday, January 23, 2011

Scott Pilgrim VS The World

Finally sat down and watched Scott Pilgrim tonight. For someone never reading the grafic novels, it was still a pretty exciting movie to watch. The story boils down to a simple boy meets girl story, with the boy being a total Nintendork. (I use the term affectionately.) Toss in a lot of pop-culture references, some very anime-esqe battle scenes, and Michael Cera in the 500th movie I've seen him in during the last few years.
Great special effects, topped with a killer soundtrack. I'd love to get more in detail, but I don't have the time tonight. I'd definitely be interesting reading the Canadian Manga, erm, grafic novel.
Would I watch it again? Sure. Hell, I'll probably buy it so I can have a Cerathon of this and Zombieland.

I'll sum this up with my favorite line from the movie: "I don't think I can hit a girl. They're soft."
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0446029/

No comments:

Post a Comment