Thursday, May 5, 2011

Epic News: Sega Saturn Classic Guardian Heroes being remade for X360 Arcade!

   A few weeks back I think I brought up a game called Guardian Heroes for the Sega Saturn. Not only was this a fun 4 player beat-'em up with rpg elements dipped into anime juice, it was a large part of what the anime club (AnimeSentai props #2) played during the early 00's. Multiple endings, awesome super moves, and a VS mode that supported up to 12 players really made this game a kick at the parties.

Let me apologize to all my friends who had to deal with me playing as the Dragon God in VS mode. ^^
   Kotaku.com reports that this treasured jewel in the Sega Saturn crown will be released for the Xbox360 Arcade. Not just a port of the Saturn version, but will also feature updated HD graphics, online co-op and online VS mode that can support up to 12 players. Expected for a Fall 2011 release date. Original article: http://kotaku.com/#!5798896/sega-saturn-classic-guardian-heroes-coming-to-xbox-live-arcade

Take that people who are selling this game for $100 on Amazon!
   Once again, Xbox has come out and saved me from buying a game I've needed sense it was thrifted from my house back in 2005. Thanks to Kotaku for reporting.

There was another game released for GBA. It's OK, but lacks the multiplayer.

UPDATE: Here are some screen shots:
http://kotaku.com/#!5799009/guardian-heroes-for-xbox-live-arcade-looks-awful-but-dont-lose-hope/gallery/1

No comments:

Post a Comment